- Power Output: 4 x 50 W High Power Amplifier
- Advanced Power IC
- Display: 7′′ Capacitive WVGA High Resolution Display
- White LED Backlighting System
- Control Type: Touch, Drag, Flick
- My Favorites Function
- Automatic Setting Change for 2 Users
- High Grade Audiophile Design
- PreOut: 3 PreOuts (4V, Front / Rear / Subwoofer) KTX-PRE1 Required (Sold separately)
- AUX-In: 1 A/V AUX Input
- Steering Wheel Remote Control Function
- Remote Control Included
- Navigation Guidance Mix
- Camera Connection & Built-in Controls for Multi-View Cameras
- Camera Guide Line Adjustment
- Rearview Camera Display Automatic Boot-up
- Simple Mode & Info Mode Display Selection
- Visual EQ
- Live Contrast Adjustment
- Menu Language: 24 Languages (for AV / Bluetooth)
- Auto Dimmer
- Anti-theft security code
- Firmware Updatable
- Power Antenna Lead
- Remote Turn-On
- HDMI Input (Alpine HDMI cable required)
- Engine Start-Stop unaffected
- CAN Connection Interface Included with quadlock and 17 way round pin harness adapter
- For cars with Harman Kardon sound system, an additional 3rd party interface adapter is required.
- Ready for optional DVD Player DVE-5300
- HDMI splitter I/F (KCX-630HD) ready
- Multi camera I/F (KCX-C250MC) ready
- Memory Pre-sets (FM: 24 / MW: 6 / LW: 6)
- Memory: Auto Memory
- Seek Mode: Local / DX Selection
- RDS Functions: PI, PS, AF, TA, TP, PTY, NEWS, RADIO TEXT
- DAB+ Tuner Built-in
- DAB+/DMB Supported
- DAB+ Slideshow Service
- DLS (Dynamic Label Service)
- DAB Service Following
- RDS Fallback (where available)
- Service Pre-set: 18 Pre-set Memory
- Auto Ensemble/Service Memory
- Service Search Function
- PTY Search Function
- Alphabet Search Function
- Antenna Power Supply Selection
- Built-in BLUETOOTH® Module
- Wide Band Speech Technology
- HFP (Hands-Free Profile) Compatible
- Streaming Music: A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile) Compatible
- Streaming Music Control: AVRCP (Audio / Video Remote Control Profile) Ver.1.5 Compatible
- Advanced BLUETOOTH® Technology
- Connection: SSP (Simple Secure Pairing) Supported
- Individual Profile Connection Hands Free Phone and Music Streaming
- Phone Book: Phone Book Synchronization
- Speed Dial: 4 Pre-set Memory (per phone)
- Multiple Phone Number Registration: 5 Phone Numbers can be stored for one name
- Device Name Display
- Auto Answer
- Call History Display: Outgoing Calls / Incoming Calls / Missed Calls
- Redial Function
- Speech Volume Level Adjustment: Possible for Outgoing and Incoming Volume
- DTMF (Touch-Tone) Function
- Signal Strength Indicator
- Battery Level Indicator
- Menu Language Selection: 24 Languages
- Firmware Updatable
Made for iPod® / iPhone®
- Compatibility for iPod/iPhone: compatible with all models except 1st and 2nd generation iPhone
- Connection: KCU-422i / KCU-471i Required (Sold separately)
- Music Playback
- Available Selections: Playlist / Artist / Album /Song / Podcast / Genre / Composer / Audiobook
- Alphabet Search
- Artwork Display
- Direct Up / Down: Playlist / Artist / Album / Genre / Composer
- M.I.X. (Shuffle) Play: Song, Albums, All
- Battery Charging
- Works with Apple CarPlay (requires CarPlay enabled iPhone)
- Works with Android Auto (Requires Android Auto enabled smartphone)
USB Media Connection
- USB Connection: USB Extension Cable Included
- Music Playback: FLAC/MP3/WMA/AAC compatible
- Video Playback: MP4 compatible
- File / Folder Name Search
- Tag Info Search
- Folder Up / Down
- M.I.X. Random Play
- Bass Engine SQ
- Bass Engine™ Pro
- Subwoofer Level Adjustment
- Subwoofer Phase Select
- 4V High Voltage PreOut
- Equalizer: Flat, Pops, Rock, News, Jazz, Electrical Dance, Hip Hop, Easy Listening, Country, Classical
- Dual HD EQ (9-band Parametric Equalizer front/rear)
- 6 Channel Digital Time Correction
- Digital Crossover Setting
- Customized Sound Setting by Car Type
- MediaXpander HD
- Application Volume Level Setting
- Sound Setting Data Download
- Easy, Step-by-Step Sound Customization
- Alpine TuneIt App ready
- Includes installation brackets, wiring harness and CAN bus interface for complete installation.
Designed for BMW 3 E46
The 7-inch (17.8cm) high-resolution display smoothly integrates into your BMW 3 E46 dashboard and allows full operation of the system via touch-screen technology and features the latest video technology for outstanding picture clarity, contrast and resolution.
The unit comes fully assembled and includes all needed installation accessories for E46s with prior OEM navigation radio (Navigation Business). If the navigation computer is located in the trunk (Navigation Professional), several radio cables need to be extended to the dashboard. This can be simply done by using Alpine’s KWE-E46EXT. If your car is equipped with an original BMW cassette tape or CD radio, a few additional components are required to move the air condition control panel. All details can be found in the installation manual. If you car is equipped with an original Harman Kardon sound system, an additional 3rd party interface adapter is required.
Works with Apple CarPlay
The innovative iLX-702E46 with Apple CarPlay compatibility brings you a smarter way to use your iPhone on the road. Apple CarPlay gives iPhone users an incredibly intuitive way to make calls, use maps, listen to music and access messages with just a word or a touch. You can even enjoy Spotify, internet radio or podcasts while on the road for a truly connected experience. Simply connect your CarPlay enabled iPhone to the USB port of your Alpine and you are ready to go.
Works with Android Auto
Android Auto was designed with safety in mind. With a simple and intuitive interface, integrated steering wheel controls, and powerful new voice actions, it's designed to minimize distraction so you can stay focused on the road. Android Auto automatically brings you useful information, and organizes it into simple cards that appear just when they're needed. Both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto can access the navigation antenna of the iLX-702E46 for improved accuracy when using the navi apps.
DAB/DAB+ Digital Radio
The built-in DAB/DAB+/DMB tuner uses the most advanced digital technology to deliver radio reception with outstanding, noise-free sound quality. DAB also offers many other advantages over traditional FM radio: choose from a much wider range of radio stations and after the initial station scan easily select your desired channels from an alphabetic or genre list of available stations.
Big Screen Entertainment
The Alpine system allows you to enjoy movies, music videos or TV shows from many different sources, such as DVDs from the optional optical drive, USB sticks, the latest smartphones with HDMI output or portable video devices (optional cables or adapters are required). You can also connect your iPod touch or iPhone via HDMI to enjoy your video content on the high-resolution 7-inch display. Alpine even offers an all-new DVB-T2 tuner (TUE-T220DV) if you like to watch TV programs while you are waiting in traffic jams. For driving safety, the video playback feature is only available if the vehicle is not in motion. You can now even playback Hi-Res Audio files in FLAC format – including 24/96 and 24/192 Hi-Res Audio compatibility.
Built-in Bluetooth® Technology
The built-in Bluetooth® module allows wireless connection of a mobile phone for hands-free communication, while frequent software updates ensure full compatibility with the latest phones. A very intuitive user interface makes operation extremely easy. Bluetooth® also enables audio streaming from the phone: audio content or even internet radio can be wirelessly enjoyed on the Alpine system.
Connect Your Smartphone
If you do not want to use Apple CarPlay or you own an iPhone 4 / 4S for example, you can still connect it and use the Alpine audio player to enjoy all your music in your car and charge your phone.
Steering Wheel Control Buttons
The Alpine system is connected to your steering wheel control buttons. This means you do not lose this convenient feature when upgrading to Alpine and you will have full control over volume, phone, audio track forward/backward and many other commands. You can even activate Siri voice control if you have an iPhone connected to the system – right from your steering wheel.
Rear View Camera
Alpine offers a wide variety of rear and front drive assist cameras. You can choose from simple reversing cameras with distance guides up to 180-degree cameras with corner-view technology to assist you in many driving situation.
Online Navigation with Apple CarPlay
When you’re driving, Maps helps you find the way to your destination with turn-by-turn spoken directions and new, easier-to-read visuals. When a turn is coming up, the view zooms in to show you exactly where to go. Along the way, large signs and arrows guide you in the right direction and let you know how long it’s going to take to get there. Looking for a gas station, restaurant, or coffee shop along your route? New buttons on the navigation screen help you quickly find the closest places and estimate how much time the detour will add to your trip. If you push the navigation hard-key on your Alpine unit, you active Apple CarPlay navigation without going through many menu points.
Online Navigation with Android Auto
Let Google Maps lead the way. It’s easy to get where you’re going with free voice-guided navigation, live traffic information, lane guidance, and more. Whether on your phone screen or on your car display, Android Auto was designed with safety in mind. With larger touch targets, a simplified interface, and easy-to-use voice actions, it's designed to minimize distraction so you can stay focused on the road. The iLX-702E46 works seamlessly with Android Auto and Google maps. Android Auto and Apple CarPlay can even access the included Alpine navigation antenna for highest positioning accuracy.
Direct Online Navigation Access
The iLX-702E46 has a dedicated navigation button on the right key area. When pushed, the Alpine system automatically opens the navigation app of the phone connected - this works both with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
GPS and Glonass Compatible
More satellites equal higher navigation accuracy and a faster positioning fix. This Alpine product is compatible with GPS satellite signals and can also receive positioning data from Glonass satellites. This brings big advantages especially in an urban environment with many tall buildings and when driving next to high mountains. When using navigation with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto you can also benefit from this new improved compatibility.
The iLX-702E46 offers extensive sound adjustment options to get the best out of your BMW sound system and to adjust the sound to your taste and preferences. The built-in Dual 9-band Parametric EQ allows separate adjustment for the front and rear channels with professional detail.
10 pre-defined EQ settings allow for fast changing to different sound modes, such as Rock, Pop and Jazz.
Fader and Balance
You can simply use the touch screen to drag the crosshair to the desired location on the car interior image to make fader and balance adjustments.
The digital crossover allows you to adjust cut-off frequencies for your speakers. This ensures a matching sound signal that can be accepted by your speakers without distortion.
Digital Time Correction
Time Correction allows you to virtually adjust the distance of each speaker by delaying the signals of speakers closest to you. This gives the impression of listening from a central position.