The APX 690 featuring an exclusive 40 mm horn loading dome tweeter that contributes to maximize efficiency up to 96dB SPL and an acoustics lens specifically designed and applied to the tweeter to increase dispersion in high frequency range.
To strengthen the emission of very high frequency ranges otherwise affected by off-axis positioning compared to the listening point, the APX 690 featuring a supertweeter.
- Component 3-way Coaxial
- Size mm (inch) Woofer (6 x 9)
- Tweeter 40 (1,58)
- SuperTwweter 15 (0,6)
- Power Handling W peak 300
- W continuos 100
- Impedance Ω 4
- Frequency Response Hz 40 ÷ 23k
- Magnet size mm 90 x 32 x 15
- D x h (inch) (3,54 x 1,26 x 0,59)
- Weight of one speaker kg (lb) 1,225 (2,7)
- Voice Coil Ø mm (inch) 25 (1)
- Horn Loaded Tweeter: 40 mm horn loaded dome tweeter contributing to its incredible efficiency of up to 96dB SPL.
- Acoustics lens applied to the tweeter, specifically designed to increase dispersion in the high frequency range.
- PEI (Polyethylene injected) supertweeter employed to strengthen emission of very high frequency ranges otherwise affected by off-axis positioning common to rear deck installations.
- Water-repellent treated paper cone, featuring a profile developed with FEM (Finite Element Method) simulation technology and optimized with the Klippel Scan Vibrometer.
- Pure copper mobile voice coil, wound on Kapton former, for better thermal and mechanical capacity.
- TPU (Thermoplastic Polyurethane) surround, featuring the exclusive shallow “Triple Wave” profile, for maximum excursion linearity.
- Polycotton spider material ensuring reliable performance and linear response to musical transients.
- Large motor assembly, optimised with FEM (Finite Element Method) technology, for stable control and linear excursion.
- Low carbon content plates for maximum magnetic permeability and high heat dissipation.
- Compact basket, protected by abrasion-resistant and scratch-proof coating, the motor affixed with damping epoxy adhesive.
- High current fast-on terminal with temperature resistant plastic cover, protecting it against accidental short circuits.
- Developed with the KLIPPEL suite.