Hertz HP amplifiers have been redesigned to offer more power and a smaller footprint making them even more versatile than before.
The Hertz HDP 1 uses D-Class MOSFET amplification for full-range audio as well as bass, enabling Hertz development engineers to design it into very compact Aluminium chassis optimised to keep things cool even under high output conditions. But this is not where the redesign ends. The HDP1 will accept direct inputs from the speaker outputs of factory fitted car stereos and features Automatic Remote Turn On-Off (ART) which senses an audio input and automatically powers up the amplifier. This means installers do not have to run a remote power activation wire, saving on installation time.
The chassis and outer case of the Hertz HDP 1 amplifier is designed for convenience and good looks with all wiring connectors hidden away and all adjustments mounted on top for ease of use. A scratch resistant granular aluminium finish ensures that as well as offering additional cooling benefits and top quality audio, this amplifier looks the part!
The HDP1s top panel also features four status LEDs which alert users and installers when the amplifier is working beyond safe limits. Built-in protection helps to guard against short circuit, excessive loads or thermal overload, making the amp almost bomb-proof in operation with added robustness offered by the oversized power supply.
On-board filters/crossovers have selectable 12 or 24 dB/Octave slopes and crossover points can be selected for low-pass, phase and subsonic applications, offering huge versatility to this tiny yet high powered performer. With typical Hertz attention to detail, the illuminated Hertz logo on top of the amplifier can be rotated to help with aesthetic integration.
- Monoblock Class D Amplifier
- 600 W x 1 (4ohms) (RMS) @ 14.4 VDC, THD 1%
- 1000 W x 1 (2ohms) (RMS) @ 14.4 VDC, THD 1%
- Distortion - THD (100 Hz @ 4ohms): 0.08 % B
- andwidth (-3 dB): 18 - 150 Hz
- S/N Ratio (A weighted @ 1 V): 103 dB
- Damping factor (100 Hz @ 4ohms): 100
- Pre-In sensitivity: 0.3 - 5 V RMS
- Pre-In impedance: 15 kOhms
- Speaker-In sensitivity: 1.4 - 24 V
- RMS Speaker-In impedance: 470 Ohms
- Load impedance: 1 Ch 4 - 2ohms
- Power supply voltage: 11-15 VDC
- Idling current: 2 A
- Idling current when off: 0.04 mA
- Consumption @ 2ohms, 14.4 VDC (Max Musical Power): 60 A
- Inputs: Pre IN / Speakers IN
- Outputs: Pre OUT
- Lo-pass 40 - 150 Hz @ 24 dB/Oct.
- Phase Lo-pass (continuous adjustment) 0 - 180°
- Subsonic: Hi-pass 18 - 40 Hz @ 24 dB/Oct.
- Remote SUB Volume: (-50 - 6) dB
- Size (mm): 171 x 344 x 46.70