TW3 12-inch Subwoofer (400 W, dual 4 Ω voice coils)
Dual 4Ω voice coils permit deploying the TW3 as a 2Ω or 8Ω driver.
Building on the core technology of our TW5 thin-line subwoofers, the TW3's deliver a powerful combination of shallow mounting depth and excursion capability. In fact, they are capable of greater excursion than the W3v3's.
To allow this remarkable feat to be achieved, JL Audio's patented thin-line woofer technology compresses the architecture of the TW3's using a “concentric tube” structure built into the injection-moulded cone body. This structure supports the voice coil and a full annular spider, while permitting the placement of the large motor structure further forward in the speaker than with conventional designs.
TW3's are optimized for small enclosures and offer our tab-ear mounting design to maximize cone area within their mounting footprints. We know you're going to love working with these amazing Subwoofers.
Deep, powerful and accurate JL Audio bass is now possible in more applications than ever.
- Very shallow mounting depth (3.25 / 3.50 Inches)
- No pole vent: permits mounting close to rear wall of enclosure
- Very small sealed enclosure volume requirements
- Very long linear excursion capability (0.60 In / 15.2 mm, one-way)
- DMA-optimized motor designs
- “concentric tube” architecture
- Patented “floating cone attach method” technology
- Cast alloy frame
- Injection moulded, mica-filled polypropylene cone
- Rubber surround
- Aluminium-alloy dust cap and rear cap with JL Audio logo
- Precision-built in USA at JL Audio's Miramar, Florida factory with global components
|Impedance (Ohms)||Dual 4|
|RMS Power (W)||300|
|Peak Power (W)||400|
|Sensitivity (dB @ 1W/1m)||84.11|
|Frequency Response (Hz)||N/A|
|Mounting Depth (cm)||8.9|
|Mounting Hole Diameter (cm)||29.5|
|Grills||JLSGR-12TW3 (Sold Separately)|
|Recommended Amplifier||JLJD250/1, JLXD300/1v2, JLMX300/1|
|Recommended Minimum Power Handling (W)||200|
|Recommended Maximum Power Handling (W)||400|
|Recommended Box Volume Sealed (Litres)||22.7|
|Recommended Box Volume Ported (Litres)||26.9|