Hertz HCP2 - 400W Stereo 2 Channel Amplifier
HCP 2 is a stereo, 400W amplifier, designed to expand or modify with maximum easiness the factory system: featuring pre-amplified (Pre-In) inputs as well as high-level (Speaker-In) inputs, for connection with any head units.
All the Hertz Compact Power amplifiers are assembled with high-quality components and feature a complete and by-passable crossover system. The dissipation system is optimized with the heat being transferred to the heat sink and then dissipated through the sides of the amplifier.
With HCP 2 high power systems can be realized: settable both in mono, to drive the subwoofer, and together with another amplifier, for more complex systems; it also features a Bass Boost filters (0 ÷ 12 dB) to enhance low frequencies.
- Compact design built from an extruded aluminum heatsink with the top side ensuring effective transfer of the heat generated by the power electronic components.
- Special balanced input circuitry to reject electromagnetic disturbances present on the Pre-amplified or Speaker level inputs.
- Input featuring both Speaker-In (OEM radio) and RCA-In (Aftermarket radio) inputs.
- Selectable ART™, Automatic Remote Turn-On/Off function, automatically turns on and off the amplifier when the OEM radio turns on and off (available on Speaker-In only).
- Power supply stage featuring multiple winding transformer, Low-ESR 105°C capacitors, AB-Class 2 Ω stable.
- Pre-out, also available when using Speaker level inputs.
- Mono operation mode (selectable) to drive a subwoofer or, in combination with a second amplifier, for a powerful dual-mono system.
- Bass Boost (50 Hz) selectable to 12 dB, to increase the subwoofer punch.
- Lo-Pass (50 Hz to 500 Hz) and Hi-Pass (80 Hz) 12 dB crossover filters.
- The Hi-Pass fixed frequency filter ensures optimal coupling with sub amplifier.
- Selectable full range power outputs.
Output Power (RMS) @ 14.4 VDC, THD 1%:
- 2 Ch: 55 W x 2 (4Ω)
- 2 Ch: 85 W x 2 (2Ω)
- 1 Ch: 170 W x 1 (4Ω)
Output Power (RMS) @ 14.4 VDC, THD 10%:
- 2 Ch: 65 W x 2 (4Ω)
- 2 Ch: 100 W x 2 (2Ω)
- 1 Ch: 200 W x 1 (4Ω)
- Power supply voltage: 11÷15 VDC
- Idling current when off: 0.4A/0.04 mA
- Consumption @ 2Ω, 14.4 VDC (Max Musical Power): 12 A
- Remote In: 7 ÷ 15 VDC - 1 mA
- ART: Automatic Remote Turn-On/Off with Speaker-In
- Amplifier stage
- Distorsion - THD (100 Hz @ 4Ω): 0.01 %
- Bandwidth (-3 dB): 10 ÷ 65 kHz
- S/N Ratio (A weighted @ 1 V): 103 dB
- Damping factor (100 Hz @ 4Ω): 200
- Pre-In sensitivity: 0.6 ÷ 5 V RMS
- Speaker-In sensitivity: 1.5 ÷ 12 V RMS
- Load impedance (MIN) @ 2 Ch: 4 Ω / @ 1 Ch: 2 Ω
- INPUTS: PRE IN / SPEAKER IN
- Pre out FULL range (FRONT): Yes
- Filters FULL: Yes
- Hi-Pass: 80 Hz @ 12 dB/Oct.
- Lo-Pass: 50 ÷ 500 Hz @ 12 dB/Oct.
- MONO (on/off): Yes
- BOOST 50 Hz (select): (0 / 6 / 12) dB